PRAYER POINTS BELOW
Dear church family,
I hope this finds you well on this pleasant Monday evening. Yesterday marked another step in the right direction as we were able to bring you the service from the church.
I wonder who else was convinced the service was live? Did you noticed the clock on the wall behind Brian read 11:30 as he and Emily led the first song? I can assure you it was coincidence!!
Personally, I thought the worship and children’s input was just fantastic so thanks to the Smiths and to Christine. Thanks also to Gordon and Alex who set up and operated recording equipment that I’m sure the BBC would be envious of.
This weekend we will conclude the Sermon on the Mount series and John Burns will lead us through Matthew 7:13-29. Remember no evening service until September but I do hope you are enjoying the summer devotions. These have been first class.
We will have another pre-recorded communion service on Sunday 23rd. I’ll remind you all of that next week.
In the meantime, please make use of the prayer points this week supplied by David Adams and tune in on Friday at 10:30am for the summer devotion led by Robert Cargill.
In His Grace,
On Sunday Burt spoke about what we value in this world, what we rely on, what we worship. This world is ever changing and we can’t rely on anything, including money/investments. God, however, never changes no matter what happens. How wonderful it is to lean on Him!
- Pray for various charities that our church supports who are struggling at this time to get funding and get help to those who need it. Smiles Foundation in Romania, Barnabus Trust and Open Doors.
- Pray for Christians Against Poverty working to help the most vulnerable in our country.
- Pray for our leaders in the UK and Scotland as they try to lead us through the pandemic.
- Pray that the virus crippling our world would abate.
- Pray for Christine and Gus leading the youth and for the youth themselves.
- Pray for wisdom as we look for the best and safest opportunities to reopen the church.
- Pray for our fellowship, those who are ill or lonely or worried or even depressed.
- Pray for the resumption of our meetings that people would come back to fellowship and not just watch services online.
We are called to worship together and persevere, Hebrews 10:25 “Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another”
We are God’s family.